Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Reds of Life

I just have one question: Why can't the Dodgers play the Reds every day? The Dodgers have their number. In the two series with the Reds this year, the Dodgers have only lost one game. As a Dodger fan that's nirvana. However, I'd feel really bad for the Reds fans... for about 3 minutes.

But isn't that a lot like life? We really don't get to choose who we play. We all face an endless parade of challenges and often the order in which they come seems to be unfair or overwhelming. I suppose that's why we feel relief when we come to challenges or trials that are familiar--those that we've faced before and have successfully stood up to. Oh, that we could always face the Reds in our life's experiences.

1 comment:

Paul W. West, Author said...

Hey. Did you notice that Chris Cannon rolled over a bit too easy? I can't help wondering whether he wanted to get out and actually primed Jason (I can't spell his name) to win (i.e. threw the election)?