Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hillary's Fantasy Stories

Over the years I've really enjoyed reading fantasy. J.R.R. Tolkien, Terry Brooks, Lloyd Alexander, and Susan Cooper have kept me entertained for many years. Now I know there are no Hobbits, and that a man named Allannon probably can't live for 300 years, but to relive the victory of light over darkness keeps me going back for more.

Recently, though, I've come to find out that I no longer need to make a trip to the library for a new fantasy fix. All I have to do is turn of the TV and watch any of the national news broadcasts. You see, a daily look at those politicians running for president of the United States is fantasy enough.

Lately, the fantasy author I've been most intrigued with is Hillary Clinton. Did you hear her colorful rendition of a visit she made to Bosnia while the First Lady? Man bullets were flying as she and Chelsea ran for cover. Oh, and don't forget the one where Chelsea was at ground zero during the terror filled morning of 9/11. Luckily she had just darted into a coffee shop, but heard the plane hit the building! What a close call. Hillary almost lost Chelsea twice. And don't forget how Hillary single handedly brokered piece accords in Ireland.

Wowzer! You see what I mean? Who needs a good fantasy book when you can get stories like these. Actually, that's really all these accounts are... just stories... inaccurate accounts of what really happened. Hillary has been found out as a fibber. She tends to stretch the truth. Now I'm just a Basicguy, but I think the word is liar. I don't know how else to describe her recent claims except as bald-faced lies.

When you read fantasy, you expect a world that is made up... make believe. When you listen to a candidate for president, you'd hope that the truth might be somewhere nearby. Not so with Hillary. If she can't tell the truth about a simple story, how could we possibly expect the truth from her in a campaign promise or a State of the Union speech? As for me, this lady has crossed a line. Basically speaking, she could never win my vote. 

5 comments:

Kate said...

Just a question Basicguy...are any of these 2008 candidates worth your vote? I understand how you feel about Hillary, I feel the same way, but the other two are almost at the same level in my opinion. Which one IS worthy of your vote? I'm guessing you'll say McCain. So now my question is, do you think, if nominated, he'd ruin the republican party as rumors suggest?..in which case a republican winning in 2012 would become highly unlikely. Maybe Hillary or Obama's reign in office would lock a republican nomination in 2012. How do you feel about that? I'd love to hear your input. Thanks.

BasicGuy said...

Hi Kate,
Thanks for the note... and the excellent question. I've heard the rumors that a McCain presidency would ruin the party. In my opinion the only thing that could ruin the party is if the conservatives jump ship and try to create some new party. Many think that McCain is the same as voting in a democrat. I'm not sure how that is possible seeing that McCain has an 82% rating on conservative issues. Hillary earned a 9% rating and Obama an 8%. I know I'm just a Basicguy, but how do those numbers add up to the ruining of the Republican party? I beg to differ. I know that McCain isn't my first choice, but he's our best choice. Does that make sense?

Paul W. West, Author said...

Well said.

Paul W. West, Author said...

You've been tagged. I hope no one else had tagged you yet. Please go to my blog site for the details and let us know a bit more about you.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Great work.